Friday, February 18, 2011

Thank you smart phone......

I had a blackberry for years. I loved that thing! We decided about a year ago to switch service carriers and Gary talked me into a "smartphone". I agreed, but told him I was sure I would bringing it back for a blackberry.

Pft. 10 minutes later in the parking lot I was eating my words. These phones are awesome!

Last night/Early this morning Gillian was inconsolable and crying non stop. We were to the point where we had idea what to do next.......then in my tired stooper I realized I downloaded a sesame street app on my phone a while ago that has all of the girls favorite songs and sesame street video's on it.

I grabbed it and as soon as I put on  "Elmo has 4 ducks" there was silence. She was laughing and smiling. I was so exhausted I handed the phone over to her and every time the video ended she would push the screen to start it over. I have no idea how many times she watched it? All I know is that Sesame Street has saved my butt again!

Makes me wonder when else this could come in handy? And what other awesome apps there are out there?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Elmo has saved my butt many times too. Glad you love your phone. Someday I will afford one. For now, as long as it makes calls, I call it mine. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails