Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bite Me!

No seriously, can the biting stop? We've been going through phases here. The past few days Gillian has decided she is sick and tired of Finn biting her so she's taking action and biting back. Fun. Fun. Fun. I'm at a loss......every time someone goes in for the kill I stick my hand in front of their mouths and intercept the bite. Yeah, if your wondering how many times I've been bit this way the answer is too many!

Since me telling them "No bite" over and over again isn't working I decided they can just yell at each other. So I tell them to say "No bite sissy" and through their crying they point their little upset finger at the offending sister and yell/cry "ma, ma, ma, ma" which in their language means "no, no, no, no"! Then the offender looks at them like "screw you"

Again, I'm still not sure why they won't say "no" and say "ma" instead but they do........

So did I mention I got a parenting book for twins? I sure it has some good advice! I need some advice! I have my 1 year olds disciplining my 1 year olds! That's good parenting for you!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yikes! We have one biter. Abby bites, Izzy cries. I will admit there have been times when I wish Izzy would bite her back so she knows what it feels like! We use "no bite" too and put Abby in time out for two mins at a time. We are pretty lucky she doesnt do it a lot though. It's like she forgets about it for months at a time and then remembers. We usually spend the whole time out with Izzy playing with her and hugging her, usually close enough that Abby can see or hear. Abby seems to get that she loses all attention when she bites. Good luck with your little ones. I know how frustrating biting is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails