Sunday, February 20, 2011

Talking up a storm!

I love this age! Both girls are getting to the point where they try to say things I tell them too. Most of them come out nothing like the real word but I know what they're saying so thats all that matters!

Gillian said "sissy" tonight too. And it was pretty good! The amazing thing is she said it while pointing at Finley.

Both girls know "hot" and will say it if they see me with a coffee cup or a cup of tea. Then they try to touch the cup to feel the "hot" and say it again.

Gillian says "puppa" for puppy, "Eba" for Elmo, "Bir Bir" for Big Bird, "G" for grover, "cack" for quack, "bubble", "hippa" for hippo, "nana" for a banana and ironically every time she see's a monkey-Don't ask me why? I'm still trying to figure it out myself! It is ironic they eat banana's though! "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" for no. Not sure why on that one either? I told her "no, no, no" one day and she responded "ma-ma-ma" and its been that way since? "bye bye", "up" "opa" for open, "mow mow" for mickey mouse, and "chee" for cheese. I know there is more, I just can't think of them all!

Finley says "hot", "hippa", "opa", "Eba", "ma ma ma ma" for no, "nana" and "puppa"

She doesn't try to talk as much as Gillian yet but she's usually a few weeks behind her with most things.

Can't wait to see what they say next! Gillians "chee" is my favorite one yet!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

We have a talker and a walker, our Dr. said this was common for twins. So one is climbing on top of the dining room table and the other is screaming for me to let me know!

Sara said...

I love the talking too! I swear sometimes they learn words overnight. One of my girls, baby b, Izzy has always been a little behind Abby in speach too. Now though, she seems to have caught up and I spend a great deal of time trying to tell who said what. They went from talking hardly at all to being able to say things like airplane and elephant. Its pretty neat to see what they say next. Enjoy! :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Your girls are adorable - I came over from Mandy's blog award.

I also love the talking. But they can now say NO.

"COnnor, come give Mummy a kiss"

"NO NO NO"

it's funny but very sad :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails