Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The blanket, the binkie, everything!!!!

Gillian loves her blanket, lately Finley does too. This is a problem when Gillian puts it down and Finley grabs it!!

Gillian bee lines for her and tries to rip it out of her hands. Finn screams and clutches it tighter. Technically it IS Gillian's blanket so whats a girl to do? These are the times I wish there were manuals for twins.

Usually I try to redirect Gillian and tell her she needs to share with her sissy but does she have to? I mean, its her flipping blanket? I don't know. One part of me says give it back to Gillian the other says let Finn use it and the other part says throw this damn blanket out the window!

The same thing with her wubbanub. Goodness forbid Gillian gets it out of her crib and Finn ends up with it. Gillian pulled it so hard out of her mouth today she almost ripped her to the floor. I took it away because we have a "no binkies out of the crib rule" but seriously....its getting outta control.

What do other parents of twins do? Do your kids have things that are specifically theirs that they don't have to share?

I feel like a walking contradiction saying "Share with your sissy......except your blanket.....or your wubbanub"

Seriously, does anyone just have a manual? How about a decent book on raising twins? Does it ever get easier? And WHEN??!!

4 comments:

Jessi said...

No twins here but I do have multiples, kinda! I struggle with this two. My 3 year old and 2 year old are only 7 1/2 months apart so they're so much like twins. They fight a lot. Sometimes I want to say share sometimes I want to say no, that her/his toy go find another. I don't really know WHAT is the right answer!

Jessi said...

And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I look forward to getting to know you!

carebear7951 said...

I say....make the blankie and paci special. They don't have to share EVERYTHING...(think about boyfriends in the future, you won't say "Gillian, come on, Finley doesn't have one right now, you have to share your boyfriend. Just for a while." LOL Ok, not really even on the same level, but couldn't resist.) I do think that the blanket and paci can be sacred.

Mandy said...

My girls magically know what belongs to them and what belongs to their sister. Their names are embroidered on their blankets and they always hand them over. Same with their lovies except they're different colors. Do they have a play room? Could you just close the bedroom off during the day so things aren't pulled out of cribs?

Related Posts with Thumbnails