Friday, April 23, 2010

Dummy Proofing (I mean Daddy Proofing) the dressers

It seems like everyday I go to pick up the girls they are dressed like hobo's. I don't know why it is so hard for Gary to pick out a cute outfit? I mean most of the stuff I buy is a set. So after picking the girls up on Wednesday I just couldn't' take it anymore.

Gary had them in ridiculous outfits. And its not so much they didn't match as they were just ugly. It was something I bought just to have them "lounge" around the house in and he had them out in public in it...the worst part is my friend Michelle who watches the girls for a hour a day is just WAY too nice to Gary! She always tells them how cute they look when he drops them off. It kinda like looking at someones crazy new hairdo and not knowing what else to say so you say "Oh, I like your hair".

I try to cut the guy some slack, I mean, he's a guy, taking care of twins all day long. So for that in itself he deserves a medal! How many guys do you know that can take care of one baby all day let alone two (and do it well I might add). I don't criticize him to his face over his outfit choices, I do bust his ass about it though on occasion, but I'm not mean about it! He does comment often that it is the "hardest part of his day to pick out their clothes"......must be so hard to be a man? I love picking out their clothes. I take so much pride in how cute they look when I am done!

So anyway, I decided on Wednesday after having been faced with folding 3 loads of their laundry that I was going to embark on the greatest mission of the year. I decided to fold all the clothes together as outfits. I took each pre-selected outfit and carefully folded it so the pants were folded inside the shirt and all the outfits that had matching were neatly stacked one on top of the other so he would know there were two of them.

This was great and fine and dandy only it took me 3 hours to decide which should go with what and by the time I got done I was a frazzled mess.

I must say though, for the past 2 days I have picked the girls up and they both matched and both were wearing matching outfits. I love it when they are dressed alike. And Gary didn't have to do too much "thinking" to get them dressed.

So I don't know if I am going to do this regularly for him now or not, but if not it was fun having the girls dressed decently for at least 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I laughed out loud when I read this post! I have twin boys and their daddy has the HARDEST time dressing them. He thinks as long as it is any shade of blue or turquoise it goes with another blue. The outfits he comes up with are quite comical. I CAN'T imagine it with girls. At least boys can get away with a few bad days

The Buschbachs said...

I literally laughed out loud when I read this post. My husband does the same thing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails