Monday, April 19, 2010

The Camper is OPEN!!!

So yesterday Ben, Jon, Sondra, Gary and I all went to the camper (with the girls of course) and got just about everything done!

We had a serious mouse issue this year, they had got into tons of drawers (I could tell from their mouse droppings and chewed up acorns in most of the drawers! Errr.

So first we cleaned out the back bedroom and got the girls set up in their pack and play and proceeded to empty out every single drawer and cabinet one by one and clean them all. I pulled out all the dishes, pots and pans and silverware and we packed it all in the back of my truck. I started running it all through the dishwasher yesterday and I figure after about 5 loads I should have most of it done! Stupid mice!!

Thank goodness for Ben, Jon and Sondra too! Ben and Jon did all the leaf clean up and holy cow there was a TON of leaves and Sondra helped inside with the cleaning and helping me take care of the babies! She is s freaking godsend!

After Ben and Jon got done outside they helped inside with playing with the girls while I got a few things done. The girls love their Uncle's!

So next week we need to go up there and wipe everything out one last time and then we can load all the cabinets back up and have everything ready to go for the following weekend when the camp officially opens!

Finley did good during our trip, Gillian on the other hand knew we were not home and it threw her off big time. She couldn't fall asleep on her own and cried for about 10 minutes before finally giving in and passing out. Poor thing. I feel so bad for her. I am getting her another white noise machine for the camper and hopefully that will help. She never sleeps without it at home.

Both girls are starting to *try* to hold their bottles on their own too....so cute, and Gillian has started blowing raspberries like they are going out of style this weekend! She is adorable!

We have our 4 month appointment for the girls tomorrow too! Can't wait to see how much they weight!

I am guessing there is more than a 2lb difference between the girls now.......Gillian seems HUGE compared to Finley lately. We will see!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails