Monday, September 27, 2010

So much for relaxing....

Sheesh, I thought when camping season was over I would be relaxing at home enjoying my weekends. That wasn't the case this weekend. I was more tired today after being home than I usually am after camping for a weekend!

Saturday morning Mom, me and Diane (mom's coworker) went to Ben's house for the morning. He has a old bottle dump in the woods behind his house and I decided I wanted to go with them and dig up some old bottles. What in gods name I was thinking is completely beyond me. I mean, who in their right mind says "Hey Gary, I need to get away for a few hours. I'm going with mom to dig bottles"? I should have went and got a damn pedicure!

But nope, we dug bottles. It was pretty cool though, but hot and way too much exercise for a freaking Saturday morning!

Then we hung out at Ben's, Gary showed up to do some electrical work for them and then we went to Mom and Dad's because apparently their doorbell has been malfunctioning and ringing on its own so Gary had to disconnect it.

Then we came home, and the boys and Sondra came over to do dinner and a movie. I gotta say though, this was the highlight of my weekend! Sondra brought over Ravioli's and salad and Ben made cheesy garlic bread. It was the best meal I have had in a looooong time!

Sunday we went to the campground for about 4 hours to do some more closing up. Then came home and did some housework, cleaning, cooking and grocery shopping.

That was my weekend. I was so pooped today that I worked from home. I felt like I was going to fall asleep all day long. I was begging the girls to take naps (of course they refused to take them at the same time) and just felt blah all day.

I need a rest from my weekend! If I was smart I would go to bed early tonight.

But that probably won't happen since I have some major cleaning up to do from dinner tonight and I should get dinner ready for tomorrow tonight too.......ugh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails