Thursday, October 27, 2011

Play Doh

I decided to make playdoh tonight for the girls, I wasn't sure if I was crazy or not but decided it was easy enough to find out!

I used this recipe http://www.playdoughrecipe.org/playdough-recipes/traditional-playdough-recipe/ and it came out awesome!

I rolled it out into balls for the girls to smash and gave them some toothpicks, cheerio's, magnet letters, and curly pasta. They loved sticking the toothpicks in the playdoh and then putting O's on them.Finley was making sculptures with the toothpicks and pasta and Gillian was a huge fan of taking her magnet letters and smashing them into the dough so it left a print of the letter too.

They played for over an hour, straight through our normally scheduled bath time and into our movie time. They had a blast and I had a blast watching them!

I love finding something that will keep their interest for more than 30 seconds and I'd say a hour is a huge SCORE!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails