Monday, October 4, 2010

Snot nosed kids......

Unfortunately, I am talking about my own.

We got hit with our first real cold in our house this Friday. What a nightmare. Finley ended up getting sick Friday night, Me Saturday morning (thanks to Miss Finn) and Gillian got it Saturday afternoon. Somehow Gary managed to get by unscathed.........again.

Everyone has runny icky stuffy noses (how that is even possible is beyond me) and no one will let me suction them out. Everyone is running around with snot all over there face, and dog hair stuck to the dried up snots. Oh its a sight. A real sight.

The nights have been hell. Friday night I didn't fall asleep until 4ish, then got back up at 5:30 ish. Saturday Gary and I decided we would take 2 hour blocks and while one was up taking care of the sickies, the other could sleep. Everything was going well at first. Gary took the girls from 10:30-12:30ish, I took them from 12:30ish-3:30ish. ( I was nice and let him sleep a little longer)

I had both the girls on the floor of their bedrooms sleeping with me, one on each side. It was just easier and they both slept well with mommy near. When it was Gary's turn he jumped in the middle of them.

Sometime after I fell asleep I heard Gillian crying. It seemed to go on for a while. But eventually it stopped and I fell back to sleep. Then suddenly I heard music coming from their playroom. Sometimes in the middle of the night their chair starts to sing or their table starts playing music so I am convinced there is a ghost in my house, anyway, I thought it was "the ghost" again. So I jumped up to go see what I could find. Instead of a ghost I found 2 little snot nosed girls playing in their pitch black playroom! What the hell? I went into their bedroom and found daddy sound asleep on the floor...............Oh daddy. Bad, Bad Daddy. I woke him up and told him where the girls were and went back to bed.

After all it was his turn to watch them.......

2 comments:

carebear7951 said...

Hope y'all feel better soon. That's the difference between a mommy and a daddy. ;) I was out of town with dd1 once while pregnant with my Dec baby and my dh was sick and left my (very active) 2 1/2 year old unattended with her (well intentioned, but equally very active) 7 1/2 year old brother. While he slept. In our bedroom. They were outside, etc! I was not a very calm mama when I got home. I waited til I was calmer and explained to him...why that can't be.

Sara said...

Having sick twins when you are also sick is the worst! We had our first experience with that a few months ago. It's not like things are easy on a daily basis without colds, but throw that in and Bam! Knock out punch. Hope the cold is short lived and everyone is feeling 100% soon. As for Daddys, I can never understand how they can just turn off and go to sleep like that. My husband is the same way. I can hear a crying child while in the garage running the shop vac, but he can fall asleep with them in the same room and not wake up when they are screaming. The whole mom thing just isn't fair sometimes is it? Granted, Im glad at least one of us wakes up and the kids are apprehended before they shave the dog or some such mischief.

Related Posts with Thumbnails