Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Someone lied........

So, in case you didn't notice I haven't been around much.

Someone one once told me "The first 6 months are the hardest with twins" and I wish I could remember who the hell they were because they were freaking liars.

The first 6 months was cake. No I take that back, the first 14 months were cake. THEN all of a sudden my sweet little babies because independent maniacs with minds of their own.

I knew this day would come but nothing could prepare me for life as I know it today. NOTHING!!!

Both of them can throw a tantrum with the best of them. There is more hair pulling, biting and pushing than a wrestle mania match. I feel like a constant referee.

Don't even get me started on the constant whining. Finley says about 10 words so she is constantly frustrated trying to tell me what she wants, Gillian on the other hand will repeat everything you say these days (so watch your mouth!) and walks around jibber jabbering like a crazy girl.

The most amazing thing about watching these two interact though is the fact that they are only 21 months old and can show so much jealousy. If Finley is on her bike and gets off to do something else and sees Gillian eyeing it she runs (and I seriously mean runs) back to it and hops back on. If one tries to climb up on my lap the other tries to pull them down and beat them to it. Its insane around here.

I'm not going to lie, when Finley  isn't eating her breakfast in the morning sometimes I say "Finley, look Gillian is going to eat your pancakes"  and she runs over to the table. Yeah I never said I had good parenting skills. Just trying to get a kid to eat.

Yeah so this is what we are up against in this house right now.

Oh yeah did I mention that Finley will not fall asleep in her bedroom at night? I have no idea whats up with her but she gets hysterical if I try to put her in there. So, I started putting Gillian to bed in her room and Finley in bed on the couch and its working for now. I'm sure tomorrow will change though.

Well, that's life as I know it. Its crazy and I love it!!! I can only imagine what tomorrow will bring.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails