Saturday, January 23, 2010

Exhausted.....

Wow! My life before the babies was simple. I was the "Princess", Gary catered to my every need, I had few responsibilities and man was it nice. I had this run for 30 years. Don't get me wrong, its not like I sat around on my ass all day and did nothing but after getting home from work who wants to do anything constructive? Not me, that's for sure! My ideal night consisted of me coming home, eating dinner and falling asleep on my couch! I love to take naps, before I got pregnant I would average about 10 hours of sleep a night. That all changed about 4 months into being pregnant when the heartburn set in and I was getting about 4-5 hours. Which I am pretty sure looking back on it was my bodies was of preparing me for children!

Now a days I am up at the crack of dawn with the girls, there are no more naps (not for me anyway) and I am bombarded with feedings, changing diapers, cleaning bottles, cleaning the house, and unbelievable amounts of laundry! My, my how my life has changed.

The strange thing is despite how exhausting it is, and I imagine when I go back to work in a week that's only going to get worse, I wouldn't trade this for the world! I enjoy sitting down and feeding my girls, I love changing their diapers no matter how stinky and disgusting they are because Finley smiles at me when I change hers! I love folding their ridiculous amounts of clothes and putting them away, they are so tiny and cute and I know one day their clothes wont be so tiny. How sad.

I started packing up the girls NB size clothes the other day (Finley is barely fitting into them anymore) and it was so depressing. My babies first little clothes......they are growing up so fast!

So anyway, tomorrow I am cooking for our freezer. When I was pregnant I went on a cooking spree and made tons of things for our big freezer downstairs so we wouldn't have to do anything but take something out and put it in the oven. Man am I glad I did that. I never realized how easy it is to forget to eat, or to get so caught up in what your doing you don't have time to cook. So, since we have almost depleted our freezer stash I am going to replenish some of it this weekend. This way all Gary has to do is take something out and put it in the oven for when I get home.

I am going to make chicken stroganoff, a couple meatloaves, some burritos, tuna noodle casserole and some chicken fingers. I figure if I make something each weekend it will help us out during the week. Its all about shortcuts now!

Well, thats all the rambeling I have for the night. Off to bed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails