Sunday, April 3, 2011

The day I thought my babies weren't babies anymore......

April 3rd, 2011.

Exactly 2 years ago I had my egg retrieval. At this very moment my babies were splitting and dividing cells. Its awesome to think back on that day. I was scared out of my mind, crying to the nurse's.

I was so scared they were going to go get Gary who was doing his "business" in a cup to calm me down. Thankfully I made it through my retrieval and 2 years later I sit staring at my sweet girls in awe.

Today I decided we should put the girls in their "big girl beds." Gary thought I was crazy, but no...I insisted I wasn't.

A hour later he had the crib fronts taken off, and the rails put up. Nap time was okay, Gillian fell asleep on her pull out princess couch/bed and Finley fell asleep in front of the door. Gary snuck in, grabbed Finley and put her in bed.

Tonight didn't go so well. They spent a hour banging at the door. After Gillian gave up and decided to go lay down Finley followed her around taking her binky and blanky and pissing her off.

I felt so bad for Gillian I told Gary to get the crib stuff because we were putting them back together! Twenty minutes later we had them back together and both girls sleeping in their cribs.

Sometimes I think they are more grown up than they are.........tonight I realized they are just my little 16 month old babies. And I'm okay with that!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

You are crazy!! Why would you ever get rid of baby jail early??!! I get nervous just thinking about it. I'm pretty sure I can just throw a potty chair in their when the time comes. The idea of them freely roaming scares the bejesus out of me!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails