Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kitchen

Well, I finally decided to post pics of my kitchen now that its finished. It sure looks 100% better than it did and thats all I care about right now! So I will give you a run down of what we did! First we painted the cabinets with 2 coats of primer and we sprayed on 3 coats of paint. We finished them with 2 coats of polyurethane to ensure they would be nice and washable since they are white. Then we replace the countertops with wood butcher block countertops we got from Ikea. They were super cheap we only needed 2 8 foot sections and it cost us about $400.00! I also got our Farmhouse sink from Ikea for a measly $189.00! Then we did beadboard on the backsplash and copper behind the stove as a backsplash. After 4 different pain colors we finally found the perfect one called Barley by Benjamin Moore. I love it! We are still contemplating replacing the tile floors.....Gary wants to rip them up this week but personally I dont want to deal with more dust and demo in my house for a while so I am trying to hold him off. The top pic is obviously the before picture!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails