Saturday, December 12, 2009

Harley the umbilical stump eating dog........

So today Michelle came over to visit and help with the babies for a bit. Just before the end of her visit she was holding Gillian and Gillian started farting and pooping up a storm. It was one of those ones that you knew was a big one! Now Michelle has 2 kids and is pregnant now with her 3rd so she is used to these kind of things but me.....well, I've only been a "MOM" for 8 days. She got her pants off and nothing could have prepared me for the blowout of a poopy diaper that was awaiting us! It was EVERYWHERE!!! I of course immediatly started gagging, why, when I have changed plenty of poopy diapers in my 8 days as a mom did this one get to me is beyond me but it was everywhere! So off to the sink I go gagging leaving Michelle to deal with the mess of a diaper! I came back and just as I came back Michelle had the mess cleaned up and was about to put a fresh diaper on her when Gillian decided to pee on Michelles leg. Poor girl. Comes over for a nice chat and some baby time and goes home covered in my babies poop and pee! To top off the afternoon sometime in the "poop fiasco" as I have dubbed it Gillian lost her umbilical stump! Her first huge blow out and losing her stump, what a freaking milestone of day! We had the stump on our coffee table and were saying our goodbyes when my lab walked by and scooped the stump up off the table and tried to eat it! Michelle and I screamed! Gary came running in and had to pry Harley's jaw open and fish it out of his mouth before he swallowed it! I didn't even want to keep it but I certainly didn't want my dog eating it either! But now that there is a story behind it, well It may end up in her baby book after all.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

OMG that's just to funny! That story definitely at least has to be written in her baby book!! :)

Shannon said...

LOL That's funny ! You have to put it in the baby book ! I still have the boys' stumps on top of the dresser !

Related Posts with Thumbnails