Friday, July 16, 2010

Helmet Head Part II

Ugh!!!!!!!! So if you have been following my blog you know Finley had Torticollis and because of it ended up with "right side flatheadedness" (yeah that is the real medical term for it). So we took her to Children's when she was 4 months old and the doc seemed to think it would fix itself. They took a bunch of pics of her head and sent us on our merry way.

They told us to come back when she was 6 months and said they would call to make a appt for her.

Well....I never heard from them about her appt. UNTIL a few days after she turned 6 months and there was a message on my voicemail confirming her follow up appointment at Children's for the following day. NO one ever called to tell me about the freaking appointment so I had to call and cancel since I didn't know about it until the day before.

I decided to hold off a couple months to see how it would get now that she sleeps on her side, sits up and isn't on her back all day. It is looking WAY better than it did but its still not right. I think I am going to give her until she turns 8 months and then call them again and go in for the follow up. I sure hope my pumpkin isn't going to end up with a helmet. If she does though at least it will be for the fall and not the hot summer........keep your fingers crossed for her. Hopefully it keeps getting better now that she is off it so much!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails