Wednesday, October 28, 2009

HO HO HO! Merry Christmas!

Christmas is my favorite holiday, I mean, really, who doesn't love Christmas? It has always seemed like such a magical time of the year. All the lights and decorations and the smell when you walk into the stores of the spiced pine cones! Uh, I just love it! Did I mention that Christmas is my Dad's birthday too? His middle name is actually Noel! So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I got pregnant to find out my due date was actually Christmas Day!

Unfortunately when I found out it was twins I knew that due date was out the window, but its still fun to know that the Christmas decorations are starting to go up in the stores (despite the fact its not even Thanksgiving yet) and that means its getting closer and closer to when my girls will be here! I am a little worried that they will come a little too early (around Thanksgiving) and I wont be able to go out with the family for our annual "Find the perfect Christmas Tree hunt"! You know where the whole family goes out together to the Christmas tree farm and we all race around to find the perfect tree, then when we all find ours we sit around the lot comparing the size and type of tree we picked for that year! Dad always thinks he has the best tree........I personally think I have the best tree, and my brothers, well, they always end up with a tree way too big for their house! Lol. I am sure everything will work out though, it always does, and I have instructed the girls not to come on Thanksgiving day......please girls, I love Thanksgiving dinner! Don't make me miss my Turkey dinner!!! I also told them they can't come until after we venture out for our Tree! I am hoping to get our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving! Its way earlier than we usually go, but hey......we gotta make sacrifices this year!

Also, instead of doing the gifts for every single person in the family this year we decided to do Secret Santa's and put a $100.00 limit on it so everyone gets a decent gift and we only have to buy for one person! The hard part is we have dubbed it a "no gift card Christmas"......so you actually have to use your brain to find your person a good gift. I of course pulled my father......sheesh. I have no idea what to get him. I have been racking my brain for days now trying to think of something to get the man that has everything! So, if anyone has any bright ideas let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails