Monday, April 2, 2012

Renovations stink

Gary and I are all about projects. You know, finishing basements, adding on decks, painting the whole exterior of our house, gutting bathrooms, and redoing kitchens......just to name a few of the million things we've done to the house over the past 7 years.

The latest project is taking our breezeway and making it into a dining room. Gary had to basically tear the whole room down and rebuild it from the floor up. We had a 2 car garage but now its a 1 car garage because we needed the space to make the room bigger. I'm fine with that.  As long as I have a place to sit down with my family and eat I am one happy camper!

Its almost finished. My house is covered in an awesome white dust from him sanding the walls and I want it done for Easter!

He still needs to do one more coat of compound, sand again, finish the floor, do the rest of the trim work, primer and paint. In 5 days. Oh and don't forget his real job! Poor guy. I'm not sure he's going to make it.

Ironically we are already talking about whats next. Because that's just how we are I guess? Always need a project!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails