Sunday, April 29, 2012

Personalities

Wow. I love this age. The girls personalities are really coming out and its amazing to watch!

Finley is VERY independent. I can't stress that word enough. She wants to do everything for herself. Don't even try to do it for her. You will get a melt down and a half from her. She wants to pour her own milk, put on her own sippy cup cap, pick out her own outfits, dress herself, get her own snack, do her own juicebox, help cook, feed the animals, close the doors, climb in her carseat, pick out her own movie AND put it in the DVD player, Oh and don't forget turning on the Tv and starting her movie.

Good luck if you forget and do something for her. I've literally had to pour milk back in its container just so she can help.

She loves to pick her own clothes. Which usually consist of a pair of pants, miss matched shirt and a random skirt thrown over her pants. She loves dresses and skirts.

She is talking up a storm this past month too. Its funny to hear her putting together sentences now. She just blabbers on and on and on these days. She isn't the least bit shy and will say "Hi" to anyone that looks at her.

In church today she came in with one hand in her pocket and the other waving to people she saw along the way saying "Hi,  Me Finley"

She is almost completely potty trained, with the exception of pooping in the potty. She has had 1 accident since she potty trained herself months ago. She means business. She wasn't going to have me telling her when she was going to be a big girl. She fought me when I tried to potty train her in January. She fought hard. Once I gave up she let me know who was in charge. It obviously wasn't me, she amazes me everyday with how stubborn she is.

Gillian could not be more opposite from Finley if she tried. She is shy, and it takes her a long time to warm up to people.

She could care less at this point about doing anything herself. She is perfectly happy having me (or Finley) do everything for her.

She LOVES to sing. When we are at church she "sings" along. LOUD. Its hysterical. I can't help but giggle at her, along with anyone else that watches her.

She is sweet and cuddly and loves to watch her movies. Her favorite this week is The brave little toaster. She recites the movies and sings along with them now and it cracks me up to watch her. Her favorite song to sing is Raffi's Down by the bay. She screams along with that one in the car.

We started potty training her a week ago and while it wasn't as easy as Finley, because honestly you couldn't get any easier than Finley, she didn't do to bad. She had a few accidents in her big her undies but after she realized she was ruining her princess undies she started telling me when she had to go. She's been a few days accident free now.

I can't believe they will be 2 1/2 next month. They are growing up so fast. I can't wait to see how their little personalities develop over the next year. I can tell I am going to have my hands full with Finley already. Just waiting for Gillian to jump on that independent bandwagon to make things more interesting around here. Like one stubborn child isn't enough!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails