Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Don't make me bust the door down"

Have you ever had one of those moments when you felt like a super hero?

I did and honestly I'll pass on feeling it again!

Finley learned how to lock a few of the doors around the house. It wasn't so bad when she did it to her bedroom because I was able to use a butter knife to get it open.

Trouble started when she learned to lock the bathroom and we have no key and butter knife wasn't doing the trick.

Last week the girls were running like maniacs all through the house and I heard the bathroom door shut. I jumped up and screamed "Noooooooooooooo"
Knowing what was happening I ran to the door and jiggled the handle. LOCKED.

Finley had locked herself in the bathroom and the second she figured out she was locked in she freaked.

All these crazy mom thoughts started running through my head. "Did I leave out a cleaner?", "What if she manages to get the toilet lock off and drowns in there?"

I considered calling the fire dept but honestly what were they going to do that I couldn't? I told Gillian, who was outside with me to get back and started throwing my body into the door. I have to say its pretty hard to bust down a door knowing there could be child behind the door, I had to hold the handle while throwing myself into it so the door didn't go flying when I finally did get through!

Finley was screaming on the other side and Gillian was asking over and over again "What you doing mama? Mama, what you doing"

After about 10 good smashes I blew through that door like a pro, Finley was huddled in the corner looking traumatized and Gillian was yelling "YEAH MAMA" and clapping.

A few days ago Gary and I caught Gillian throwing herself up against a door in the family room, all we could do is laugh. If I need an accomplice the next time Finn locks herself in I'll be sure to call Gillian.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails