Saturday, July 2, 2011

Um, Erin.....Where's Harley?

So, tonight my mom calls Gary and tells him she got a call from Harley's Microchip place saying someone found him.

Huh? What do you mean found him? We didn't realize he was missing!

Now, let me say we are responsible dog owners I swear! Harley spends his days playing where the girls are and his nights passed out on a couch or in our room.

When Harley was a puppy he was a maniac and if he ever saw an open door he'd bolt out of it in a flash and we'd be chasing him like idiots around the neighborhood. Because of his antics we decided when he was a year old to get him microchiped. Thank goodness. The best $30.00 I've ever spent in my life.

Now that's he's 6 and a fat lazy lab he has given up on running out the open doors and has come to realize this is where the food is and he's not leaving. Until tonight.

Gary was cleaning out the garage and left our gate to our deck open so he could bring things down to the basement. I'm assuming Harley decided to take a late night stroll at that point.

He wandered 5 houses up and stopped his fat self at the first person he found. Probably hoping for a treat, and thinking how much easier it would have been to go down the hill instead of up. So my dear neighbor called the Home Again number on his tag and told them where he was.

On the bright side her and her neighbor loved Harley, they said he just played with their kids for the hour he was there and went on about what a good dog he was. They even offered to watch him for us if we go on vacation! As usual Harley the lovable lab has made a good impression on another person.

The ironic part was about a hour ago someone was walking around looking for their Chihuahua. I was upset that they lost their little dog. I told Gary I would have to go check in the morning to make sure they found it. Little did I know my dog was escaping at that point!

Harley the wonder Lab has struck again......

1 comment:

Mim said...

Add Glue eating Lab

Related Posts with Thumbnails