Wednesday, May 9, 2012

See you later diapers!

Diapers are a thing of the past in this house and I can honestly say it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be.

I tried the 3 day potty training with both girls and it was a nightmare. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone......ever. All it did was scare the heck out of both of them.

Thankfully I didn't scar them too bad because a month after I quit the idea of having potty trained kids Finley potty trained herself. She asked Gary to use the potty and hasn't had one accident. That was probably about 3 months ago. A few weeks ago Gillian started showing a little interest in wearing big girl undies so I put her in a pair, let her pee in them and she was so upset she peed on her princess undies that she has been on the potty since. Piece of cake.

Now the adorable thing is Finley the potty pro helping Gillian the potty newbie in the bathroom. If Gillian announces she has to go Finley says "I take you" and goes in with her. Then she helps her pull down her pants and undies and get up on the stool. Then she very patiently waits until she pees and cheers for her "YEAH GILLIAN WENT PEE PEE!!" After all the fanfare is over she gives her toilet paper and helps her pull up her pants.

Who needs me around when you have a Finley? Now if I could just teach her to make dinner we would be all set!

1 comment:

Heather said...

We are still firmly ensconced in diapers. We've tried the three (extended to four) day potty-training and decided they weren't ready. They will be three the end of this month and still aren't totally ready. Liam asked for underwear one day the other week and managed to stay dry until 11 AM. After he had an accident, he asked for the diaper back. He had been on the potty several times before the accident, but just doesn't seem to understand what he needs to do when he sits there. Hopefully soon they will both get it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails