Friday, August 9, 2013

The things kids say

Or more specifically, the things MY kids say.........

There used to be a time when my kids were sweet. Then they met other kids, and suddenly they are back talking me like there is no tomorrow. I don't really know where it comes from honestly. The neighborhood kids? School? Dance? Super Why?

A few nights ago I bought the girls Despicable Me, I figured we could make some popcorn, have a few M&M's, eat some twinkies (cause you know, they look like the minions) and have a fun night. We did! It was great, it was the following night where everything went crazy.

I brought the leftover twinkies upstairs from the basement and put them on the counter. Finn asked if she could have one and I told her if she ate her soup she could have one. Her being the good little girl she is ate all that soup and got her twinkie. Gillian on the other hand didn't want to eat her soup, she only wanted her twinkie. This Mom wasn't giving in though.......

So she whined, and cried all over the house about it. "MOM I WANT ONE OF THOSE THINGS YOU GAVE FINLEY"

After about a hour of screaming for "one of those things you gave Finn" she finally came up to be and gave me the evil eye.

Then she put her hand on her hip, pointed her finger at me and said "Mom.....if you don't give me one of those things you gave Finley I'm going to pee all over your face."

HUH?

And I laughed, out loud, hysterically. I know, I know, I should have beat the little brat but I was so taken aback by the whole thing all I could was laugh.

It makes me wonder though, where does she come up with this stuff? I swear I've never threatened to pee in anyone's face........yet.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails